[KJAB Streaming] Internet Security Seminar

KJAB Newsletter @ streaming at kjab.com
Fri Nov 10 19:32:40 CST 2006

Our List includes people within our listening area as well as those outside.
This email is intended for those within our listening area, the rest please
disregard.

KJAB is hosting an Internet Security Seminar December 2nd
at the Hazel Kinder Lighthouse Theater, and I really urge you to attend.

All of us have seen and heard the news reports about:

Sexual Predators using the Internet to meet children
Identity Theft
Pornography and its availability on the Web
Viruses, Spyware, Hackers
Misuse of chat rooms, blogs, and texting on cell phones.
I attended a legal seminar a few weeks ago and was shocked that more than
one third of the seminar was focused on the legal responsibilities of
organizations and internet usage.  Some of it was illegal activity being
conducted by employees without the employers knowledge.

A lot of people I talk to admit they have a hard time understanding
computers and wish someone could explain how to protect themselves in
laymen's terms.  That is the purpose of this seminar.  Two men very
knowledgeable in computers and the Internet will be teaching some very
practical sessions geared for parents, grandparents, teachers, and church
leaders.  For more information and to pre-register please go to
www.embracingthenet.com.  This is not a fundraiser, nor are we selling
anything.  There is a small charge to help cover the expenses.  Please help
us get the word out about this important seminar by forwarding this to your
friends.  We have flyers available online that you can print and post, or
you can put them in an email, and send to your friends.
http://www.embracingthenet.com/resources.php

Kevin Weber
KJAB Christian Radio

If you wish to subscribe or unsubscribe to the KJAB Web Cast Newsletter
please Click Here