[KJAB Streaming] October "Stay Tuned"

KJAB Newsletter @ streaming at kjab.com
Sun Oct 18 22:45:32 CDT 2009

Streaming Live @ www.kjab.com                 A ministry of Soul's Harbor Baptist
Church

October 19, 2009

STATION NEWS
Did you miss us?  We are working to get our "Stay Tuned" Newsletter out on
a regular basis.  Keep an eye out for regular reports from your favorite radio
station in Central Missouri.

2009 FALL SHARE-A-THON
October also means Fall Share-a-thon.  The dates for this Fall Share-a-thon
are October 19-24.  Our theme will be “Standing on a Firm Foundation” and our
verse is found in I Corinthians 3:11:  “For other foundation can no man lay
that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”  Our goal is to raise the funds to sponsor
the 88 days left in this broadcast year.  Check our website Home Pagefor more
details and Click Here to tune in and listen.

UPDATE ON BRO. WEBER
As many of you know, Bro. Weber has been absent from the station due to the
effects of Guillian Barre Syndrome following his heart surgery at the first
of the year.  He continues to recover and although the process is slower than
he would like, he is very thankful for God's hand in his recovery.  His double
vision has cleared and he is able to walk without a cane.  He continues to
have numbness from his chest down which interferes with some of the ways his
body functions.  He has been able to join Dawn in the Sunrise Show one to two
days per week, but has not been able to return to work.  Bro. Weber says thank
you for all your prayers and asks you to please continue lifting him up in
prayer.  To contact him send an email to kevin at kjab.com

PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH
It’s hard to believe that it’s already October.  The mention of this month
brings to mind many things:  fall colors, raking leaves, football games, and
Pastor Appreciation Month.  During October, let your pastor know just how much
you appreciate all that he does.  KJAB wants to help you do this by offering
chances to win gifts for your pastor.  Each Wednesday’s Trivia Question and
Song of the Day prize will be sent to your pastor with a letter saying you
won it for him.  We will also be doing extra giveaways of prizes that you can
give your pastor.

SIX NEW BROADCASTS
We invite you to check our six newest broadcasts.
1.  DAILY IN THE WORD with Dr. Paul Chappell, pastor of the Lancaster Baptist
Church, Lancaster, California.  This broadcast airs at 11:05 a.m. Monday through
Friday.  Too often in the daily routine of our Christian life, we consider
ourselves, we consider our problems, we consider the burdens and the stress,
but we fail to consider Christ.  Join Dr. Chappell in his current studies:
Abundant Living.
2.  FELLOWSHIP BROADCAST  The Fellowship Broadcast is the radio voice of the
Fellowship Tract League, a ministry of the Fellowship Baptist Church of Lebanon,
Ohio.  The mission of the Fellowship Broadcast is to reach the lost, educate
the listener about the Fellowship Tract League, generate support and expand
their ministry to those who have never heard they can receive portions of the
Word of God free of charge.  Their broadcast can be heard on KJAB at 10:30
a.m. Monday through Friday.
3.  OUT OF DEBT WITH BOB MARETTE  President of Financial Health Fair and a
recognized financial planning expert, Bob Marette has been featured in the
Rocky Mountain News and the Denver Christian News. He has made several guest
appearances on Christian radio and TV talk shows discussing personal finances.
And now, you can catch Bob on his very own daily radio show: "Out of Debt with
Bob Marette", which airs at 12:01pm Monday through Friday.
4.  GOSPEL ARTIST SPOTLIGHT  On Thursday mornings at 8:30, we have a new 30-minute
segment spotlighting some of Gospel music’s most gifted artists in the ministry
today.  Join Cheryl and Daniel to hear new releases and some of the group’s
“oldies but goodies” along with the latest news from the featured artists.
5.  LOCAL ARTIST SEGMENT  During the Sunrise Show and the On Your Way Home
Show, we have once again been airing song selections from local artists.  This
segment gives you contact information for local groups who would love to come
share their music at your church or other functions.  Tune in on Monday mornings
and Wednesday afternoons to hear the Local Artist Segment.
6.  FRONT PORCH SINGIN’  Following the Sunrise Show on Tuesday mornings, all
you Bluegrass fan can join us for a half hour of bluegrass music.  From 8:30-9:00
a.m., we will feature some of your favorite Gospel bluegrass groups and their
songs.
To see all our broadcasts and obtain a list of addresses Click Here

HUMOR
Latest news reports are that five terrorist cell groups have been operating
in many of our churches.  They have been identified as:  Bin Sleepin, Bin Arguin,
Bin Fightin, Bin Complainin, and Bin Missin.
Their leader, Osama Bin Lucifer, trained these groups to destroy the Body of
Christ.  The plan is to come into the church disguised as Christians and to
work within the church to discourage, disrupt, and destroy.
However, there have been reports of a sixth group.  A tiny cell known by the
name Bin Prayin is actually the only effective counter terrorism force in the
church.
Unlike other terrorist cells, the Bin Prayin team does not blend in with whoever
and whatever comes along.  Bin Prayin does what is needed to uplift and encourage
the body of Christ.
We have noticed that the Bin Prayin cell group has different characteristics
than the others.  They have Bin Watchin, Bin Fastin, and Bin Longin for their
Master, Jesus Christ, to return.  And guess what, no church is exempt.  However,
you can spot them if you “bin lookin.”

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER
This one is a little different
Two Different Versions!  Two Different Morals!
OLD VERSION: The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building
his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the
summer away.
Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.
The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION:
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house
and laying up supplies for the winter.
The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the
summer away.
Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands
to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others
are cold and starving.
CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper
next to a
video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America
is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is
allowed to suffer so?
Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when
they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'
ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house
Where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.'
Rev. Jeremiah Wright then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's
sake.

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with
Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back
of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make
him pay his fair share.
Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive
to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and,
having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by
the Government Green Czar.
The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the
ants food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the
ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.
The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident
and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders
who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2010.
"In God We Trust"

IN THE NEWS
NEWS STORIES NOT SEEN IN MAINSTREAM MEDIA
Click on the title to read full story
Global Warming a Pretext to One-world Government
Protesters target media: 'Can you hear us now?'
Are We In Economic Recovery?
3 million congressional 'pink slips' hit mark!

STREAMING REPORT

Month

# Of Individual Connections

# Of Hours Listened

# Of Countries

June 09

1986

3025

21

July 09

2058

3892

24

FYI  Canada leads our foreign countries with the most connections for both
months with the Netherlands and Taiwan a close second.

PRAYER REQUESTS
1.  Please pray for a young girl being dealt with in a juvenile delinquent
ministry. She was raised Jehovah's Witness, and some of the things they say
confuse and offend her.
2.  Please pray for the Wayne's family. Wayne passed away after a long bout
of illness.
3.  Pray for Randi. She is having emergency surgery for appendicitis.
4.  Praise Report .  A listener is thanking the Lord for helping her niece
Annabeth pass her swallow test that she had failed a couple of months ago.

5.  Please pray for Seth again. This is the twelve year old special needs child
we prayed for a few weeks ago. He now has kidney stones.
6.  Please pray for a man named  Wayne. He was cleaning his gun when it fired,
shooting him in the stomach. He is in critical condition in the hospital, and
he has a wife and four small children.
7.  Pray for a man to reconsider ending his engagement to a woman.   Please
pray that Dan softens his heart towards his fiance.
8.  Continue to pray for Noah.  UPDATE: Noah has something like Lupus. They
are now waiting on the biopsy results of a mass they found.
9.  Please pray for a woman named Edna, looking for God's direction in her
life.
10.  Continue to pray for Lane.  UPDATE on Lane. Her white blood cell count
is back up, and when they removed her gall bladder, they found urine in her
abdomen.
Our prayer requests are updated daily on our Prayer Requests Page.  Visit us
daily to see what needs are being presented.

TOP 5 SONGS FOR OCTOBER

1  It Pays to Pray   Greater Vision
2  My Hope Is in the Lord   Talley Trio
3  If You Knew Him   The Perrys
4  He Locked the Gates   Kingdom Heirs
5  Golden Shores   Greater Love
Click Here To See Top Song Chart

IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE
There are several things you can do to improve your listening experience on
the Internet.
1.  Invest in a good set of computer speakers with a sub-woofer.  This will
improve your sound coming from the computer
2.  Plug your computer's sound output to your home stereo system, or surround
sound system.
3.  Is your house wired for cable, but you don't use it?  Plug your computer
output into the cable system in the house.  You will need a "boom box" or stereo
system with a cable antenna connection.  Plug the radio into any cable plug
in the house and set the stereo to "Aux" and you can listen in any room you
have cable.
KJAB is best listend to on the Internet with a DSL or high speed connection.
E-mail us if you have any questions, or if your experiencing trouble.

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE
We stream using Windows Media Player.
Some using Windows Vista have had trouble getting connected to our stream.
If you cannot connect by clicking on the headphones above, open Media Player
and past this URL under  File/Open URL:
mms://69.29.12.89/Kjab_Radio
We have found that this will get you connected to our stream.  If this does
not solve your problem, please e-mail us and tell us what operating system
your using and what version of Media Player.  We will help you find a solution.

To subscribe or unsubscribe to the Stay Tuned Newsletter please Click Here